Monday, November 23, 2015

Week 69: Companion #10 is Sister Harward!

Hello everyone!
I have my new companion, Sis. Harward! She is from Spanish Fork, UT and has been out for 13 months. She has so much charity and is such a great example to me! I'm grateful that we can serve as companions now!

So Tuesday I was on exchange with Sis. Lescarbeau while we waited for our new companions to meet us. We stopped by some less actives, the Maxhams, and had a great visit with them! A couple weeks ago at our zone conference with Elder Nielsen, he invited us to share the First Vision with less actives. So that's what we did and oh my goodness I love the First Vision so much! It brings the spirit like no other! Bro. and Sis. Maxham both felt the spirit very strongly and they wants us to come back and they want to come back to church! Yay!

Ok super funny/awkward story! Tuesday night on our way home, Sis. Harward and I stopped to get gas. We pulled up to a pump and the buttons didn't work, so we backed up to the pump behind us. Then one of the employees came out and told us that that pump's card reader wasn't working. Sis. Harward complimented the employee on his haircut (he had this cool looking pompadour haircut) and then we went to another gas pump. While we were filling up our car, this same employee walked over and handed a piece of paper to Sis. Harward and he said,"This is a total gamble, but give me a call sometime!" After he walked away Sis. Harward turned to me and said, "Sis. Harper, I think I just got hit on..." Oh my goodness so awkward! We thought about calling and inviting him to learn about the gospel. But yeah, I don't think we're going to call him haha!

Here's another crazy story! We were driving to our dinner appointment and we saw something weird on the car in front of us. Turns out is was a dead deer strapped to the trunk of the car! And there was blood dripping down the back of the car! Real classy, Vermont.

Inline image 2

This transfer our zone is doing this sweet Christlike attribute study and I invite you all to join with us! Each week we're studying and developing a different Christlike attribute and this week's is humility. We're studying "The Divine Gift of Gratitude" Pres. Thomas S. Monson, October 2010 General Conference; "To Walk Humbly with Thy God" Elder Marlin K. Jensen, April 2001 General Conference; Alma 29; and Hymn #196 "Jesus, Once of Humble Birth." I'm also going to be saying all gratitude prayers this week! I read "To Walk Humbly with Thy God" this morning and I really liked it! He said, "Our submissiveness will be reflected in our reverence, gratitude, and willingness to accept callings, counsel, and correction." I think those are really great ways to measure and examine our humility. 

There's a great promise given in 2 Peter 1:5-8 about developing Christlike attributes. "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity. For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ." I know that we will come to know the Savior more as we become more like Him (Moroni 7:48).

I am so grateful for our loving Father in Heaven and Savior Jesus Christ. I know they live and love us eternally. I am grateful for the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and the opportunity I have to share it with others. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon and how it's helped me come closer to the Savior. I know that it's the word of God and that it was translated by the prophet Joseph Smith. I am so grateful for my wonderful family and friends. Thank you for all your love, support and prayers as I've been on my mission. I hope you all have a great week and a happy Thanksgiving! Love you all!
Love, Sister Harper

Sis. Harward and me!
Inline image 1

No comments:

Post a Comment