Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 68: Get to Know a New Area in a Week: Check!

Hello!
Wow it's been a crazy week! We've been busy contacting a lot of people
and helping me get to know the area quickly. I've met a lot of great
people and there are some awesome members here!

We met with our investigators this week. We have Moe, Lisa, and
Robert. They're all great! We had a really good lesson with Robert on
Friday. He wants to be baptized but is a little hesitant to get
baptized soon. We invited him to pray about a date in 2017. And then
our member, Sis. Norris (she's awesome!), challenged him to be
baptized by Easter!

Sis. Tyler and I had a crazy off roading experience this week haha! We
were driving to a members house for lunch and our gps took us on this
dirt road out in the woods. Sis. Tyler was driving and she really
doesn't like dirt roads. After a few miles she asked me to drive. I
felt pretty confident we could make it in our little Subaru, but then
the road got a lot narrower and bumpier and muddier. We decided to
turn around and backing up uphill on a bumpy and muddy road was quite
the adventure! But we eventually turned around and got back on the
main road! Yay!

This past weekend we had a social media split. We visited members and
they posted pictures of us on social media. So look up
#socialmediasplit, #lds and #iammormon and you maybe you can find
pictures of us!

This week I've pondered a little bit about Christlike attributes. In
Preach My Gospel there's a whole chapter about developing Christlike
attributes. I think that word developing is very interesting. We're
all children of God and He's already blessed us with divine qualities.
It's our responsibility to develop or magnify those qualities so that
we can become more and more like our Savior Jesus Christ. I love 2
Peter 1:5-8 which says, "And beside this, giving all diligence, add to
your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge
temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And
to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.
For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall
neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus
Christ." What a great promise! As we develop Christlike attributes we
will come to know the Savior more!

Ooh exciting news! Last Sunday Nick and Crystal were confirmed! And
yesterday Nick received the priesthood! I am so happy for them!

Well tomorrow I'll receive my new companion! I'm 99% sure it's Sis.
Harward and she's awesome! I hope you all have a great week! Love you!
Love, Sister Harper

My new address is
1084 S. Main St. #2
Northfield, VT 05663

No comments:

Post a Comment