Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 66: Baptism!!!!!!!

Hi Everyone!
Yesterday was probably the greatest day of my whole mission! Nick and Crystal got baptized!!!!! It was such a great baptism! The spirit was so strong and there was just so much love! Such a happy day! It's been so amazing and humbling to be with Nick and Crystal as they've prepared for baptism. Their faith has grown so much! The Lord prepared them so much to receive the restored gospel! The gospel truly is for everyone! It changes hearts and it changes lives! I love Nick and Crystal so much and am so happy for them! 

I don't know if I've shared this, but it's a pretty cool story of how we found Nick and Crystal. I was with Sis. McVey and she had a broken ankle, so we didn't tract for the first month that we were companions. Then after about 5 weeks she felt like she had healed enough to go tracting, so we prayed and picked a street and went tracting the next day! That first day that we went tracting was when we met Nick and Crystal! I know that the Lord had a hand in us meeting them and I am so grateful that we were lead to them! It has been such a blessing and privilege to share my love for the Savior and His gospel with them! And thank you all for your prayers for Nick and Crystal! 

Tuesday night was our ward Trunk or Treat. It was super fun! We and the Elders dressed up... well, kinda haha. The Elder were the Men in Black and Sis. Davis and I were superheros in disguise!

On Wednesday to Thursday we had exchanges with the Lebanon sisters! I stayed in Canterbury with Sis. Hair! She's a brand new missionary and she has so much greenie fire! I love it! Wednesday night we had dinner with the Favorite's and they are seriously my favorite! They're this super funny older couple and they make the best food ever! Sis. Favorite is so funny! She told us that she needs to fatten us up so that we won't get kidnapped, because only the skinny people get kidnapped! Haha they're so great! 

Sis. Davis was in Lebanon with Sis. Evans on exchange and Sis. Davis found a Melinda road! How neat is that? I've never seen a street with my name so that was super cool!

We had a super awesome Halloween! We went to contact a less active member, and right across the street was a grandma (Marie) and her 2 granddaughters (Grace and Abigail) raking leaves. We asked them if they would like some help and Marie said, "Well, we wouldn't say no!" Normally when we offer service people say no, so it was awesome that we got to help them! And they know a family that's in our ward! They really appreciated our help and then they invited us to go out to lunch with them! So nice! I love doing service! 

We had to be in early on Halloween night to deep clean the apartment. We got almost the whole apartment done! Now it's nice and clean! Yay! I hope you all had a great Halloween! The Lord lives and He loves you! I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love, Sister Harper



No comments:

Post a Comment