Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 59: Miracles!!!!

Hello!
Oh my, what a great week it has been! Can I just say, being a missionary is seriously the best calling ever! I love it so much!

So this week we had a goal to get 3 member present lessons, and we did it! I think that's the most member presents a week I've had my whole mission, so yay! We had 2 great lessons with Bro. MacAllen. He said that he doesn't have a strong desires to be baptized, but the path he's on is leading him to baptism, and he wants to have that desire. We read Alma 32:26-43 and it was so sweet!

We taught Nick and Crystal this week and brought Bro. Card with us, and it was such a great lesson! We taught the Restoration and it went so well! The spirit was so strong! When we teach the Restoration, we always quote Joseph Smith's account of the First Vision. The First Vision in Joseph Smith's words always brings the spirit so strong, but Satan knows that and always tried to do something to distract the investigator while we're quoting the First Vision. It's happened so many times! During our lesson with Nick and Crystal, there were some people in the front yard cutting metal and it was super noisy. Sis. Davis was teaching the part about Joseph Smith, and leading up to and during the First Vision I was praying so hard that the noise would stop and there wouldn't be any distractions. And guess what? No noise!!! It was so perfect! I felt the spirit so strong and my testimony of Joseph Smith was strengthened so much! I know that he is a prophet of God! The rest of the lesson went so well too! They're both been reading the Book of Mormon and their faith is growing, especially Nick's. Nick grew up atheist, but he really wants to believe in God. He said that he thinks this is what he's been looking for. And he said the closing prayer!!! Oh also, I don't know when this happened or all the details of the story, but at one point Nick found a few copies of the Book of Mormon in the dump and he took them home. Then later we tracted into them and he decided to start reading it. Oh my goodness, they are such great investigators! So prepared!

We also saw Bro. Couture this week and he's doing great! Yesterday we sat with him during sacrament meeting and we sat down right as the meeting started. Bro. Couture leaned over to us and said, "Glad I've got my two daughters with me." Ah I love him!

Yesterday during companionship study, Sis. Davis and I read a devotional by Elder Holland called "Remember Lot's Wife." It's so good! It's about not dwelling on the past and looking to the future with faith. He also talked a little bit about repentance and forgiveness. This quote is super intense, but I love it! "When something is over and done with, when it has been fully repented of as fully as it can be repented of, when life has moved on as it should and a lot of other wonderfully good things have happened since then, it is not right to go back and open up some ancient wound that the Son of God Himself died trying to heal." Preach!

So a couple months ago our mission started a 60 day Book of Mormon challenge and I finished on Friday! I love the Book of Mormon! My testimony of the Book of Mormon has been strengthened so much as I've studied it everyday on my mission. I know that it is the word of God and that if we live its teachings it will draw anyone closer to Jesus Christ. The Book of Mormon is so awesome!

I hope you all have a wonderful week! Remember that you are a child of God and He loves with an eternal love! I love you all!

Love, Sister Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment