Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 64: Nick and Crystal are Getting Baptized!!

Hello everyone!
Alrighty, well, Nick and Crystal had their baptismal interviews yesterday and they are all set to get baptized on November 1!!! We finished teaching them the commandments this week and those lessons went super well! They are so excited for their baptism! On Saturday we went over the baptismal interview questions with them and the first questions is, "Do you believe that God is our Eternal Father? Do you believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, the Savior and Redeemer of the world?" Nick grew up atheist, so he didn't have a solid belief in God and Jesus Christ when we were first teaching them. But he answered that first question with, "If I didn't believe that (in God and Jesus Christ) I wouldn't be doing this (getting baptized)." His faith has grown so much and it's been so cool to see that happen! Crystal told us that in her interview President Stoker asked her why she decided to start coming to church and she said it was because of the church tour we did with them a while ago. She was hesitant to come to church before that, but being in the church helped her feel the spirit and want to come back. Ah they're so awesome!

On Tuesday we had MLC! I love MLC! President Stoker gave a great training on D&C 52:14-19. It teaches a pattern for us to follow to avoid being deceived (prayer, humility, and obedience). The promise if we follow this pattern is that we will develop spiritual gifts. President talked about how on our missions we develop habits and patterns of gospel living and we can't forget them when we go home. It's through these patterns that we become disciples of Jesus Christ and can endure to the end. 

In the Missionary Handbook it talks about how we endure to the end by keeping an eye single to the glory of God. I've pondered that phrase a lot this week. As a missionary it's so important to keep an eye single to the glory of God, to stay focused on our calling and purpose. Then the other day I read in D&C 24:7-9 and it talks about how we're blessed with strength when we devote ourselves to the Lord's work and our callings. "For thou shalt devote all they service in Zion; and in this thou shalt have strength. Be patient in afflictions, for thou shalt have many; but endure them, for, lo, I am with thee, even unto the end of they days. And in temporal labors thou shalt not have strength, for this is not they calling. Attend to they calling and thou shalt have wherewith to magnify thine office..." I love that! If anyone else has some insights on keeping an eye single to the glory of God, please send them to me!

Wednesday-Thursday we had exchanges with the Manchester sisters and I got to go to Manchester with Sis. Bee! It was so much fun to be companions with her again! We had such a great exchange together! I love her so much! And I got to see some members from Manchester, so that was super fun!

We also saw Bro. MacAllen this week! We haven't seen him and his family in forever! We read 1 Nephi 8 (Lehi's vision) with them and it was so good! I love that chapter a lot! 

Oh my goodness it's been getting so cold this week! I'm not ready for winter haha! The fall colors are still so beautiful! I'm so thankful to be serving the Lord and the people of New England! I love this work and I love my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ! Have a great week! Love you all!
Love, Sister Harper

MLC! Back row L to R: Sis. Holm, Sis. Innes, Sis. Eddington, Sis. Keown, Sis. Boyce, Sis. Pettingil. Front row L to R: me, Sis. Davis, Sis. Gillies, Sis. Danner.

No comments:

Post a Comment