Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 57: Sis. Davis!!!

Hello family and friends!
My new companion is Sis. Davis! She's from American Fork, UT and we actually came out to the mission together! And she just served in Hanover! Oh my goodness, Sis. Davis is hilarious! I'm super excited to serve with her this transfer!

We had a super great week this week! We got to see Bro. MacAllen twice this week and we had awesome discussions with him! He's doing great!

We met this guy named Chris while out tracting and he invited us to come back, but he wasn't really interested. But then we taught about and testified of the Book of Mormon and he definitely felt the Spirit! Hopefully someday he'll want to meet with missionaries again!

We had a super busy day on Saturday! We visited a member, Sis. Ryder, who's in the Veteran's Home. She's super cute and super sassy! Every time we go she wants us to sing a few hymns and then read from the Book of Mormon. Well, Sis. Davis doesn't think she can sing (but she really can), so she whistles. Sis. Ryder got all sassy with Sis. Davis and told her that she needed to sing, and Sis. Davis wasn't super happy about that haha! It was super funny! Hopefully we'll get Sis. Davis to sing for her next week!

Then we did some service at a member's house (the Cards) and we had dinner with them. Then Bro. Card came with us to go see a less active, Bro. Couture. We had a super awesome, super spiritual lesson with Bro. Couture! He really wants to get back into church and he wants to go to the temple! And guess what? He came to church yesterday! Woot! We're excited to keep working with him!

We also saw our investigators, Nick and Crystal, yesterday! We hadn't seen them since the first time we taught them, and we were able to set up a return appointment with them! And Nick is reading the Book of Mormon and praying! 

This morning I read 3 Nephi 9 and it taught me a lot about the Atonement. I love verses 13 and 14, "O all ye that are spared because ye were more righteous than they, will ye not now return unto me, and repent of your sins, and be converted, that I may heal you? Yea, verily I say unto you, if ye will come unto me ye shall have eternal life. Behold, mine arm of mercy is extended towards you, and whosoever will come, him will I receive; and blessed are those who come unto me." Christ wants us to come unto him! He wants to heal us! And all He's asking us to do is to repent, to simply change and become more like Him. And He has promised that if we do that, we can become perfected through Him! The Atonement is real and brings so many amazing promises!

I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!
Love, Sister Harper

L to R: Sis. Davis, Sis. Stoker, Sis. Holm, me

No comments:

Post a Comment