Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 60: Nick and Crystal Came to Church!

Hello, family and friends!
Well, it has been a wonderful week! Tuesday and Wednesday we had Zone Conference and it was super good! It was all about the Book of Mormon and it was really powerful and inspiring! Tuesday's Zone Conference was at the Joseph Smith Memorial in South Royalton, VT and Wednesday's was in Exeter, NH. It was so great to go back to the Joseph Smith Memorial! There's such a special spirit there! Here's some cool notes from Zone Conference!

-if you read the BOM everyday you will never lose your testimony or go less active, the spirit will direct your decisions and you will never feel lost
-many times reading the BOM is the most important thing you do, because it will quickly lead you to do the most important thing
-don't go through the motions, raise your vision and expect miracles
-when you start the BOM over, start by reading 3 Nephi 11-30
-it's not what you know, it's how you feel and what you feel is enough
-believing in Joseph Smith and the BOM go hand in hand
-study the BOM, not just read it
-remember how blessed I am instead of how stressed I am
-you must have the spirit of gratitude to know that the BOM is true

I love Pres. Stoker's counsel to start the BOM by reading 3 Nephi 11-30. I started that the other day and it's so awesome! I love 3 Nephi! I especially love 3 Nephi 17! It taught me a lot about Christ's love for each one of us, so I highly encourage you to study 3 Nephi 17! 

After Zone Conference on Tuesday Sis. Davis and I met up with the King's (super awesome members from Hanover) for dinner. I love the King's! It was so great to see them again!

So at Zone Conference we got these things in our cars called Tiwi's. It's this black box that tracks your speeding and it yells at you if you speed or drive aggressively. And our mission vehicle coordinator and Pres. Stoker can view our driving. So we all joke now that Big Brother is watching haha! But I think these will be really good and help us all to be better drivers. :)

We read from the BOM with Bro. MacAllen this week and he's doing great! His testimony is growing little by little. And tomorrow we're going to help him stack wood, so that'll be fun!

Nick and Crystal are doing so great! We read 3 Nephi 11 with them and they both accepted a baptismal invitation! Nick is cruising through the BOM and his faith in God and Jesus Christ is growing so much! We took them on a church tour on Saturday and it went so well! The spirit was so strong! And they came to church yesterday!!! They loved it! They're doing so great! We love teaching them and we're going to extend a baptismal date this week!

Reasons why Nick and Crystal are the greatest investigators ever:
Exhibit A: We occasionally send them a scripture text and Crystal said, "I really like those scripture texts, can you send those daily?" Um yes!
Exhibit B: Nick "I wouldn't be at church today if I didn't feel it was right."
Exhibit C: Nick "I'm excited for church next week so I can participate more."
Exhibit D: Nick "I'm excited for this change in my life, and I feel that it will change my life forever."
Exhibit E: Crystal is the cutest ever and took pictures of quotes she liked from the Ezra Taft Benson book during Relief Society.
And many more reasons!

Okay, so I have to tell you about Judith. Judith is the cutest 3 or 4 year old (I can't remember how old she is) EVER! This is how she prays, "Dear Heavenly Father, the sisters are here, mom is here and they're being good girls. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen." Oh my goodness, so stinking cute! 

Well, I think that's all for this week! The church is true and God loves you! And I love you all too! Have a great week!
Love, Sister Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment