Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 53: 1 Year!

Hello!
How is everyone doing? I hope you're all enjoying your summer!

This week we had exchanges with the Concord sisters! I went to Concord
with Sis. Castillo. The Concord sisters were super low on miles for
their car so we walked everywhere! And oh my goodness it was so
stinking hot! We saw this cute older lady, named Sis. Delevan, and we
had dinner with the Mennis'. Good exchange!

On Friday we had dinner with the Cards and they're super awesome! Bro.
and Sis. Card are converts and they have a cute little girl. We shared
the story of the Anti-Nephi-Lehis burying their weapons of war. It was
so sweet and the spirit was so strong! Bro. Card made a great comment
about how the Anti-Nephi-Lehis were firm and immovable, and he related
it to our own testimonies and conversion. Do we just have firm
testimonies, or are we firm and immovable?

On Saturday we had dinner with the Rose family and they are awesome!
It was the day before fast Sunday, and we shared Alma 45:1 with them.
It talks about how the Nephites fasted to give thanks. For me
personally, I don't think I've ever fasted to give thanks; I usually
fast for blessings for myself and others. So we all decided to include
gratitude in our fasts! Then Sis. Rose committed all of us to make a
list of 10 things we are grateful for (not including Heavenly Father,
family, and church, because those are pretty obvious). They invited us
over for crepes on Sunday, so we all shared our gratitude lists with
each other. And she committed us to share our lists in our emails
today, so here's mine! (And yeah a lot of mine are pretty churchy
haha.)

1) The Book of Mormon, because it draws me closer to my Heavenly
Father and Jesus Christ and it's the greatest book ever!
2) Pres. Stoker, because he is the best mission president ever! And he
cares so much for all the missionaries
3) my patriarchal blessing, because it gives me so much peace and comfort
4) prophets and apostles, because they lead us and guide us in righteousness
5) The Atonement, because it helps me become who God knows I can be
6) a car, because biking in New England would be ridiculous haha!
7) an apartment, so we have a place to live
8) technology, so I can talk to my friends and family each week!
9) temples, so that families can be together forever
10) to be a a missionary, because it's the greatest calling in the world!

Well, this past week marks one year since I entered the MTC. It's been
very humbling reflecting on this past year. I think of the many
wonderful people I've met and taught, my amazing companions, and how
much my testimony has grown. This has truly been such an amazing year!
It hasn't been the easiest, but it has been the most rewarding. I love
being a missionary! I am so grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who
answered my prayers and called me to serve. My life has been so
blessed because of this amazing opportunity to serve the Lord and His
children.

I know that God is real. He is our Heavenly Father and He loves us
with an infinite and eternal love. I know that He has a perfect plan
for us. It is through our Savior Jesus Christ and His gospel that we
can return to live with our Heavenly Father again. The Lord lives and
loves you! I hope you all have a great week! Love you!
Love, Sister Harper

Here is my new address!
5 Heartwood Lane #91
Penacook, NH 03303

No comments:

Post a Comment