Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 54: So Many Meetings!

Hello!
Oh my goodness gracious this week was crazy, but a good crazy! We had 3 days of meetings. II love meetings, but they're super exhausting!

On Tuesday we had MLC (mission leadership council). It's an all day meeting with Pres. and Sis. Stoker, the assistants to the president, and all the zone leaders and sister training leaders. It was such a good meeting! We were trained on charity and love and prayer. At MLC, we get trained on what we train the other missionaries on at zone meetings. Sis. McVey and I studied and prepared like all day Wednesday for zone interviews on Thursday and Friday.

Zone interviews went super great! Sis. McVey and I gave trainings on pray with faith. I learned lots of cool stuff on praying with faith from MLC! And I really loved being able to teach and testify about it!

6 Patterns of Prayer
1) Understand our absolute dependance on the Lord--JSH 1:12-13
2) Weary the Lord until He blesses you (not until you get what you want, but until He blesses you)--Luke 18:1-7
3) Joining with others to obtain powerful blessings through prayer--"Our Heritage" chapter 2 second to last paragraph
4) Know to whom you're praying--Joseph Smith said that 3 things are necessary in order for a person to draw down into his life this power that we call faith
1) the idea that God actually exists
2) a correct idea of His character, perfections, and attributes
3) an actual knowledge that the course of life which he is pursuing is according to His will
5) Knowing beforehand that you will obtain an answer--JSH 1:29, "A prayer without patience is a prayer without faith."
6) Crying from the depths of our souls--D&C 121:1

Prayer is so awesome! I learned a lot about prayer this week, and I've really tried to make my prayers more meaningful and personal. I love that we have prayer and be able to communicate with our Heavenly Father. I know that He truly is our Father. He loves us so much and He will hear and answer our prayers!

This week we also saw our investigator, Bro. MacAllen, and we taught him the Restoration! We had a really great lesson with him! Please keep him in your prayers. Also, we're struggling to find people to teach, so if you could pray that we will find people to teach, that would be much appreciated! I know that there is true strength and power in prayer in numbers!

So funny story! On Saturday Sis. McVey and I were out working in this kinda boonie area. We stopped at a gas station to use the restroom, but they only had a port-a-potty, so we used that. Then on Sunday before ward council, our Bishop said to us, "Sisters, you know where I saw you the other day?" "No, where?" "Outside the port-a-potty in Salisbury. You know, you don't have to knock on every door!" Haha! And then the whole ward council joined in, saying things like, "Sisters, I think you're knocking on the wrong doors!" Hahahahaha!!!!!

Hey exciting news! Sis. McVey and I are going to the temple next Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so pumped! I haven't been to the temple in 11 months, and it's been way too long! So our pday next week will be on Tuesday. Well I think that's all for this week! Love you all!
Love, Sister Harper

The sister training leaders at MLC! Back row L to R: Sis. Blume, Sis. Kimball, me, Sis. Boyce, Sis. Spangler, Sis. Eddington; Front row L to R: Sis. Olsen, Sis. Tyler, Sis. McVey, Sis. Gilles
image1.JPG

The Concord South Zone! Back row L to R: Elder Bundy, Elder Butler, Elder Jenkins, Elder Poe, Elder Jensen, Elder Aldous, Elder Chilton, Elder Benson, Elder Gwilliam; Middle row L to R: Sis. Banda, Sis. Wright, Sis. Farrally, Sis. Castillo, Sis. McVey, me, Sis. Keown, Sis. Hamilton; Front row L to R: Elder Dahlberg, Elder Flores 
image2.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment