Monday, November 16, 2015

Week 55: Temple!!!

Hi everyone!
Can you believe that we are halfway through August?! I can't believe how fast time goes! But that means we're closer to fall and fall in New England is so beautiful! And that means that we're closer to Christmas! Sis. McVey loves Christmas so we've been listening to some Christmas music lately haha! 

Well we had some pretty sweet things happen this week!

Sweet thing #1
We had exchanges this week with the Hanover sisters! I was in Canterbury with Sis. Davis! We did A LOT of walking but we had a good time and were able to set a return appointment with a potential investigator! Also, when we exchanged back I got to see some of my favorite people from Hanover, Cassy and the Kings! It was so much fun to see them!

Us and the Hanover sisters! L to R: Sis. Davis, Sis. Pierce, Sis. McVey, me
image1.JPG

Sweet thing #1.5 (it ties in with Sweet thing #1)
Sis. Davis is doing this gratitude prayer challenge that another sister training leader gave to her. The challenge is to say only gratitude prayers for 3 weeks! I thought it was super cool so I decided to do it! It's been super awesome so far! I've had to catch myself a lot asking for blessings, and I realize that I ask for blessings way more than I express gratitude. A super good talk about gratitude is called "The Divine Gift of Gratitude" by Pres. Monson from the October 2010 General Conference. He talks about the story from the New Testament about Christ feeding the 5000. He says that the disciples only saw what they lacked (we only have 5 loaves and 2 fish, that's not enough to feed 5000 people!), but Christ gave thanks for what they did have and then they had a miracle!

Sweet thing #2
We got 2 new investigators! Their names are Nick and Krystal. Krystal met with missionaries a couple years ago and Nick is searching for faith. They're both super prepared and we had an awesome first lesson with them! 

Sweet thing #3
There's a couple from the stake (the Cooks) who just returned from Zimbabwe, where Pres. Cook served as the mission president. They had a fireside on Sunday night where they talked about their mission. It was super cool to hear about the things they did their and the people they met, and oh my goodness the Cooks are hilarious! But during the fireside I realized how blessed I am to serve in the New Hampshire Manchester Mission and that I have Pres. Stoker as my mission president! I know that this is the right place for me and I love serving the people of New England! 

Sweet thing #4
We went to the temple this morning!!! Oh my goodness I love the temple and I have missed it so much! It's just so peaceful and quiet and beautiful! Please go to the temple as offer as you can!

image2.JPG

image3.JPG

Sweet thing #4.5
We got Chick-fil-a after the temple! I've missed Chick-fil-a almost as much as the temple haha!

Sweet quote! "You have the Savior of the world on your side. If you seek His help and follow His directions, how can you fail?" Bishop Gary E. Stevenson. 

Not so sweet thing, transfer calls are this week. :(  We're pretty sure Sis. McVey is leaving because she's been in Canterbury for 6 months. We get along so well and have so much fun together! I would love to be with her longer, but the Lord might have other plans for both of us. 

I love you all and hope you have a great week!
Love, Sister Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment