Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Doubt Your Doubts Before You Doubt Your Faith

In John 6 Christ gives the Bread of Life sermon. This sermon is very symbolic, but those that were listening took the sermon very literally. Verse 35 says, “And Jesus said unto the, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.” He’s saying that those who follow him and live the gospel will be fed spiritually. Their testimonies will be what fills their life. In verse 54 Christ says, “Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.” Christ was referring to the Sacrament, but the people thought he was crazy. They thought, “This guy wants me to eat his flesh and drink his blood? No way! I’m outta here!” And many of those people left Christ and went their own way.

But then Christ turned to His apostles and said, “Will ye also go away?” And Peter replied, “Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe and are sure that thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Peter was so strong in his testimony that he wasn’t going to let anything take him away from Christ and the gospel.

All of us have our own questions about the gospel. I know I have plenty! And most of my questions won’t be answered until I return to live with Heavenly Father again. Yes, sometimes it’s frustrating to not know everything, but we can’t let these questions define our testimony. Our testimony needs to be based on what we know and what we believe. I have a strong testimony in the Plan of Salvation. I know that someday I will be reunited with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ if I continue to live faithfully.


I love President Uchtdorf’s quote, “Doubt your doubt before you doubt your faith.” Please don’t question your testimony. Know that Jesus is our Savior and Redeemer, that Heavenly Father lives and he LOVES YOU. This gospel is true. As Peter said, there is nowhere else we can go. The way to eternal life is through Christ. Just trust in the Lord and believe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment