Monday, March 9, 2015

Week 32: I'm Getting Transfered!

Hello everybody!
Oh my goodness! This last week was super crazy but super awesome too! We got to see a lot of people and we had some really good lessons this week! Probably my favorite lesson this week was with our investigator, Gigi. We taught the Restoration and the member that came with us, Sis. Spencer, bore such powerful testimony! Oh my goodness the spirit was so strong! 

Definitely the highlight of the week was the mission conference on Saturday! It was so much fun to see all of the missionaries! I'm so mad, I forgot my notebook today, so I can't share with you my notes from the conference. Pres. Stoker asked us to come to the conference with a question, and mine was which Christlike attribute should I work on next transfer. And I got my answer and my answer is humility! Elder Hallstrom talked a lot about how humility and the ability to feel the spirit go hand in hand. The thing that he said that stuck out the most to me was, "When we are humble enough to change, then the Spirit can really teach us." In Moroni 10:5 we learn that we can know the truth of all things by the power of the Holy Ghost. But we have to be willing to act on the things that we learn and have the desire to change. 

This morning I was reading in Alma 32 and here Alma is teaching the Zoramites. The Zoramites had experienced a lot of afflictions. But Alma knew that their afflictions were for their good. Verse 6 says, "And now when Alma heard this, he turned him about, his face immediately towards him, and he beheld with great joy; for he beheld that their afflictions had truly humbled them, and that they were in a preparation to hear the word." I love this verse! The times when we are truly humble are the times when we are the most prepared to receive instruction from Heavenly Father. 

Elder Hallstrom talked about Joseph Smith's experience and how he was truly prepared to receive his answer. Joseph Smith wanted to know spiritual truth, but he was prepared to act on the answer he received. He was willing to change based on the knowledge that he received. JSH 1:18 says, "My object in going to inquire of the Lord was to know which of all the sects was right, that I might know which to join." There have been a lot of times in my life where I've asked the Lord questions and expected to receive an answer. But the times when my prayers were truly answered have been the times when I have been humble and have had the desire to change. And I have been so blessed for acting on the answers that I've received! They've truly changed me and helped me to be a much better person! 

Well, we got transfer calls on Saturday night, and I am getting transferred. I'm really sad to leave Manchester, because I love it here and the people are so awesome! But I am very excited to serve in a new area! I'll let you know next week where I end up! 

Thank you everyone for all of your love, support, and prayers! I love you and miss you all! Have a great week!
Love, Sister Harper

1 comment:

  1. Kylee said she is going to miss you...

    But Hey, your a great person an Im proud you taught Kylee about the Lord and also about your Religion.

    Also Trust Excruise lol

    ReplyDelete