Monday, March 2, 2015

Week 31: Winter's Almost Over

Hello!
Oh my goodness can you believe that it's March already?! Time goes by way too fast! But yay only one more month until General Conference! And yay winter's almost over! We haven't gotten snow for a while now and it's starting to warm up, which makes me super happy!

Well, not a whole lot of excited stuff happened this week. Wednesday to Thursday we had exchanges! I went to Canterbury, NH for the day with Sis. Boyce and it was such a good exchange! We tracted on dirt roads! It's been so long since I've done that! There was one lady who let us in and we got to teach her the Restoration! It was super cool and the spirit was so strong! 


​me and Sis. Boyce on exchange in Canterbury

On Friday we got to do service at New Horizons again and that was a lot of fun! Then Friday evening we had a ward activity and it was a lot of fun! It was Manchester and Bedford wards and we had hot chocolate and treats and games! 


​at the ward activity (R to L: Sis. Young, me, Sis. Marquis, Bro. Young)

Saturday evening we got to go to a baptism for the Bedford ward. The sister that got baptized is named Sherry and she's been investigating  the church for like 8 years or something! And her younger sister and her family (the Reischer's) are in the Manchester ward. It was so cool to see Sis. Reishcer and Sherry sit next to each other at the baptism! They both looked so happy! And oh my goodness the spirit was so strong there! I love baptisms! 

Yesterday we saw one of our investigator families and we read 3 Nephi 11 with them. 3 Nephi 11 is super awesome because it's the beginning of Christ's ministry to the Nephites after his resurrection. At the end of the chapter Christ is telling them his doctrine, which is simply have faith, repent and be baptized. One of the family members made a super awesome comment on this that I love! He said that Christ didn't ask us to not sin, but Christ did ask us to repent. I think that is super cool! Christ understands that we can't be perfect, but he's given us the opportunity to learn, grow and change. Before my mission, I always thought of repentance as this big, scary thing, but it really isn't. Repentance is simply the power to change. Our purpose in life is to learn and to grow, and a lot of times we make mistakes on the way. But because Heavenly Father loves us so much, he's given us the opportunity to overcome those mistakes and to learn from them, and that's through repentance. Repentance is such a huge blessing!!! I love it!

Well I think that's all the exciting stuff that happened. This week is going to be crazy! Tomorrow we're going to be in a trio for the day, and then Saturday we're having a mission wide conference! I'm super excited! Elder Hallstrom from the presidency of the seventy and Bishop Causse from the presiding bishopric are going to be there and it's going to be awesome! And then transfer calls are this Saturday, so we'll see what happens! Sorry this week's email is kinda short, but time's running out! I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment