Monday, December 7, 2015

Week 71: 18 Days Until Christmas!

Hello!
Wow what a crazy week it's been! It's been good, not too exciting, but kinda hard too. Some days it's hard to go out and work and stay focused. But I've noticed that the Lord has helped me a lot as I've tried to be diligent. Heavenly Father knows that we're not perfect, nor can we be. He just asks us to do what we can, and He will make all the difference.

We had great lessons this week with some less active members. We met with Bro. Piko and Bro. Prevost and the spirit was so strong! We got the best compliment ever from Bro. Prevost! He said, "Sisters, I can see God in your faces." Isn't that the sweetest things ever?

On Friday we had our ward Christmas party and it was so great! I really love the Montpelier ward! We and the Elders wore ugly Christmas sweaters to the ward party, but theirs were definitely uglier haha. The primary kids acted out the Nativity while they sang "The Nativity Song" and it was the cutest thing ever! I felt the spirit so strong! Primary songs seriously bring the spirit like no other!

The most awkward thing ever happened on Saturday morning! We were reading the Book of Mormon with our investigator Sandy. Right in the middle of the lesson a car pulled up to Sandy's house and Sandy said, "Oh, it's a Jehovah's Witness." So yeah, our lesson was crashed by a JW. While she was talking, she said that what she talked about would either reaffirm what we believe or make us question. I've had a few experiences like this on my mission and I always walk away from them so grateful for the plain and precious truths of the gospel. I know that God is our Heavenly Father and that His Son, Jesus Christ, is our Savior and Redeemer. I know that the gospel of Jesus Christ is true and that the church has been restored through the prophet Joseph Smith. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I know that Thomas S. Monson has been called of God as the living prophet on the earth today. 

I loved the Christmas devotional last night! Elder Bednar's talk was my favorite! If you weren't able to watch it, I encourage you to do so! Have you watched a shared "A Savior is Born?" And there's another cool video that the church put out about why we need a Savior which you should watch! https://www.mormon.org/christmas/purpose-of-a-savior  I love the message in this video! 

This week we've been sharing 1 Nephi 11: 13-23 with a lot of people. These verses are so powerful! This is a part of Nephi's vision and he learns that the greatest manifestation of God's love is His Son, Jesus Christ. I hope you all can feel of your Heavenly Father's love for you as your reflect on the birth of the Savior this Christmas season. God truly loves us. Christ was born to overcome all things for us. He is the Light of the World.

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Harper

Last week was my 16 month mark ("sweet 16" haha), so I had a date with Ben and Jerry!
Inline image 1

Here's our Christmas card picture!
Inline image 2

Us and the Elders (Elder Williams and Elder McCain) at the ward Christmas party
Inline image 3

No comments:

Post a Comment