Monday, February 9, 2015

Week 27-28: So. Much. Snow.

Hi!
Okay so there was this crazy bad storm last week and our car got grounded so that's why I wasn't able to email last week. Sorry! But don't worry, we're doing good!

So we had transfers almost 2 weeks ago. Sis. Craig is in Sacco, Maine now, and my new companion is Sis. Clark. She's from Boise (yay Idaho!) and she's been out for 4 1/2 months. 

We had a some super sweet miracles the past couple weeks! So I think I told you about our investigators, Lucia and Chris. So we stopped by one day to see them but only Chris was home. And as missionaries, we can't be alone with a man (elder's can't be alone with a woman), so we would have to bring another female with us and elders would have to bring another male with them. Chris wanted us to come in so we could talk more about the Book of Mormon. We tried to explain to Chris that we couldn't come in, because his wife wasn't home, and I'm really hoping that he didn't get offended! But then he told us that he really wants to meet with us and really wants to learn the truth! He even asked us how to pray and he prayed before we left! Oh my gosh that was so cool! Then last Thursday we got to have a lesson with Chris and we brought another female with us so it worked out! We taught the Restoration and oh my goodness the spirit was so strong! It was such a great lesson and I can't wait to meet with him again! 

There was a lot of snow yesterday, so church got shortened from 3 hours to 45 minutes. We just had a mini sacrament meeting and there weren't that many people that showed up, but oh my goodness the spirit was so strong! A few people bore their testimonies and it was just what I needed to keep me going!

So I think I told you that the Christlike attribute I'm working on this transfer is diligence. I don't know why, but lately it's been hard for me to get motivated to go out and work. But I've seen as we've gone out and worked that I've felt so much happier! The Lord definitely blesses us when we do our best to work hard!

I just finished reading the story of Abinidi in Mosiah 11-17. I love that story so much! Abinidi was definitely a diligent missionary. He did all that the Lord asked him to do, but his investigators ended up killing him. I'm sure Abinidi felt like a failure and that he was unsuccessful. But Alma listened to Abinidi. And then Alma taught lots of people, and there were so many that were converted and joined the church! Abinidi actually had a very profound influence on the people, and he just didn't know. Sometimes I kinda feel like Abinidi. But I know that there is so much that we do that goes unseen. We may not be able to see the end results of our efforts, but our examples will surely have a great and lasting effect on others. A quote that I really love is "don't judge each day by the harvest you reap, but by the seeds you plant."

I also love the story in Mosiah 24. Alma and his people are being persecuted because of their beliefs, and the king threatened to kill them if he caught them praying. That is when Alma and his people prayed the hardest! They had great faith that the Lord could help them and the Lord did. The Lord told them that he would make their burdens light and that he would deliver them because of their faith and patience. And then once the people were free, they thanked and praised that Lord! I love this story! We all go through our own trials and we ask Heavenly Father to help us. Heavenly Father won't take the trial away, but he will bless us with the peace and comfort that we need to endure our trials. I have definitely seen that the past few weeks. I've seen so many of the Lord's tender mercies and they've helped bring me so much peace and comfort!

Ok sorry this email is kinda short and a little scattered haha! I gotta go, but I love you all and hope you have a fantastic week!
Love, Sister Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment