Monday, January 26, 2015

Week 26: Transfers! Dun Dun Dun!

Hello!
Oh my goodness Brian got baptized yesterday! It was so awesome! He was so happy and the spirit there was awesome! Seriously, Brian is going to make such an awesome member! He's read the whole Book of Mormon, is reading D&C and is on section 83, and he's starting his family history! He's so great and I'm so happy for him!


​Left to right: Sis. Craig, Brian, Bro. Young (ward mission leader), me

We also got a new investigator this week! His name is Chris and his wife Lucia (pronounced Loo-she-a) is an investigator. They're from Sudan and they speak Arabic! But they're English is really good so we're able to teach them haha. We taught the Restoration and it was sweet! We're going to get them some Arabic Book of Mormons and share more about it tomorrow and I'm super excited!

So when we teach the Restoration we use Joseph Smith's account to describe the first vision. It goes like this, "I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me. When the light rested upon me, I saw two personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name, and said, pointing to the other, 'This is my Beloved Son. Hear Him!'" We've taught the Restoration a few times the past couple weeks and I've noticed that there is a very special spirit that comes when we say his words. It's such a testimony to me that Joseph Smith really is a prophet, that he did restore the fullness of Christ's gospel to the earth, and that he did translate the Book of Mormon by the gift and power of God.

We did a mini mission with this girl in our ward name Hattie. She's been a member for almost a year and she wants to go on a mission! She came to district meeting with us and then we saw a less active that she's friends with and one of the Elder's investigators that lives with her family. It was super awesome and we had a ton of fun with her! 

We saw Carmen and Lorena on Saturday and had a really great lesson with them on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Neither or them have heard of the Atonement before, so it was really cool to explain it to them and just how amazing and powerful it is! And Lorena committed to baptism! She's so awesome! She reads and prays everyday and she's come to church a lot! She's so great!

So this week I have been praying to know which Christlike attribute I need to work on for the new transfer, and then answer that I got was diligence! I've been reading in the book of Jacob this week and it talks a lot about diligence! I love Jacob 5 and Jacob 7! Please read those chapters sometime this week! They're so good!

Transfer calls were on Saturday and Sis. Craig is getting transferred. :(  But she's not getting transferred until Thursday! Normally transfers happen on Tuesdays, but they postponed transfer meeting until Thursday because of this freak winter storm coming in. We're supposed to get like a foot or two of snow. Yay snow shoveling all day! I'm really sad that Sis. Craig's leaving, but I know that she's going where the Lord needs her and that our new companions are the ones we need to be with. So stay tuned til next week to find out who my new companion is!

Well I love you all and hope you have a super awesome week!
Love, Sister Harper

No comments:

Post a Comment