Wow, I can't believe this is my last pday! My mission has gone by so fast and I have loved it so much! I thank you all for your continuous love and support as I've been on my mission.
I've learned so much while I've been serving. These are some things that have really helped me grow on my mission.
1) Mosiah 2:41 "And moreover, I would desire that ye should consider on the blessed and happy state of those that keep the commandments of God. For behold, they are blessed in all things, both temporal and spiritual; and if they hold out faithful to the end they are received into heaven, that thereby they may dwell with God in a state of never-ending happiness. O remember, remember that these things are true; for the Lord God hath spoken it."
I have come to understand how important it is to be obedient to the commandments of God. Just as it says in that scripture, we will be blessed and happy as we keep the commandments. We will be blessed in all things as we put our trust in God and keep His commandments.
2) 2 Nephi 32:3 "Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore, they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ; for behold, the words of Christ will tell you all things what ye should do."
I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that it does answer the questions of the soul. As we prayerfully study the scriptures, we will know all things that we should do.
3) 3 Nephi 13:31-33 "Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you."
We must put the Lord first in our lives. There is nothing more important than living the gospel and we will be so blessed as we seek first the kingdom of God.
4) Everything we experience in this life is pertinent to our salvation. God has a great plan for each of His children. He knows our divine potential and He will provide every opportunity we need to become who we truly are. All that we experience in this life will be to help us reach our divine potential.
5) D&C 1:38 "What I the Lord have spoken, I have spoken, and I excuse not myself; and though the heavens and the earth pass away, my word shall not pass away, but shall all be fulfilled, whether by mine own voice or by the voice of my servants, it is the same."
I've learned the importance of following the prophet. I know that Thomas S. Monson is a living prophet of God. Our lives will be richly blessed as we follow the counsel of the prophet, because it is counsel that comes directly from the Lord.
6) CPR (church, pray, read)
Just like how CPR saves lives, spiritual CPR will save our spirits as we devote ourselves daily to it. And add weekly FHE and weekly temple to this. This is the key to continuous discipleship and conversion.
Before missionaries go home they bear their testimony and share their golden truth, which is the main thing they've learned on their mission. On my mission I've learned this golden truth that has changed who I am forever: we are called to know the richness of His blessings, we are sons and daughters, children of a King. I've come to know more of who God is, and I know that He is real and is a loving Father in Heaven. I've seen His hand so much in my life that I cannot deny His existence. I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He is our Savior. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can put off the natural man and become a saint. Change is possible because our loving Heavenly Father blessed us with a Savior.
I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father who answered my prayers and called me to serve. Serving a mission is the greatest and most life-changing experience. I love New England, I love the New Englanders, and I love the Lord!
Love, Sister Harper