Monday, April 13, 2015

Week 37: spring might finally be here!

Hi everyone!
Sorry I don't have a whole lot of time this week, but I'll tell you about a super cool miracle we saw this week! We were out tracting and we met this girl named Samantha. Super nice and has 3 cute little boys! We showed her the "He Lives" video and she loved it! She said that she'd been looking for a church for her family and that she wants to come check ours out! Also her boss is a member in one of the neighboring wards. We're seeing her again on Wednesday and I'm super excited!!!

If you haven't already, please check out the April 2015 Ensign! http://media.ldscdn.org/pdf/magazines/ensign-april-2015/2015-04-00-ensign-eng.pdf
It's super good! I read a few articles towards the beginning of the issue and here's some quotes that I really liked from it:
-true faith is faith in principles 
-if Heavenly Father were to free us from our challenges simply because we asked, He would deny us the very experiences necessary for our salvation
-with God, our potential is endless

The article I really love is called "Go Forth In Faith" by Elder Anthony D. Perkins. It's based on a BYU devotional called "Nevertheless, I Went Forth." 
Here's some things I really liked from this article:
-obeying the commandments qualifies you for the spirit and revelation
-perfection is not a prerequisite to personal revelation--the prerequisite is repentance
-having all the answers right now will not help you become the person you need to be
-you will experience greater progress in life when you wholly commit to your decisions and strive to excel in your current circumstances even while you have an eye open to the future

This was seriously such a good article! I'm really excited to read the full devotional! 

I finished the Book of Mormon yesterday! I love the end of the Book of Mormon! Well, I love the whole book haha, but the end is so powerful! A verse that really stuck out to me this time was Moroni 9:25 which says:

"My son, be faithful in Christ; and may not the things which I have written grieve thee, to weigh thee down unto death; but may Christ life thee up, and may his sufferings and death, and the showing his body unto our fathers, and his mercy and long-suffering, and the hope of his glory and of eternal life, rest in your mind forever."

I love this verse! Always remember the Savior and His Atonement. He is the only source of true and lasting joy and peace. He is the hope that is an anchor to our souls (Ether 12:4). And I love the Book of Mormon! It is true!!! 

Well I gotta get going, because we're going to a lighthouse today! So exciting! Also, Saturday is transfer calls. I really want to stay with Sis. Bee! She is seriously so awesome! We work so hard and have so much fun together! I love her to death! But she's been in Augusta for 6 months, so she'll probably get transferred. We'll see what happens! Have a fabulous week! Love you all!
Love, Sister Harper

Snow? In April? 

Yay spring!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment